Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cold Green Bean Salad with Goat Cheese Dressing

This is an easy & super fresh salad! I had a craving for green beans, and decided to get a little creative with a salad. I LOVE radishes - they're an obsession I've had since I was a little girl - so anytime I can incorporate them into a recipe, I do. This is a perfect summer pairing for a fish or chicken dish... I served it alongside my Panko Pecan Crusted Flounder.



Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lbs. fresh green beans
  • 10-15 red radishes, sliced
  • 5 sweet Campari tomatoes, deseeded and diced
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced (depending on your love for garlic)
  • 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 2.5 oz. goat cheese
  • 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
  • Kosher or sea salt & freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Directions:

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until they are a little tender and turn bright green, approx. 2 minutes. Drain. Submerge the green beans in a bowl of very cold water. Drain again and pat dry with a paper towel. 
For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the goat cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and dill. Salt & pepper to taste. Toss green beans with the dressing and transfer into your serving bowl. Garnish with fresh dill sprigs if you'd like. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment