Friday, January 27, 2012

Oven-baked Potato Chips

These were so easy! I was intimidated because I had NO idea what was going to happen when I stuck the potatoes in the oven! I like really crispy, browned potato chips, so I ended up leaving them in the oven for a few minutes longer than I listed below.


You will need:
  • 1/2 Idaho potato, sliced from end to end very thinly
  • Olive oil to drizzle
  • Kosher salt
Directions:

Move oven rack to the second to the top slot, and turn broiler on low. Arrange thinly sliced potato on a baking sheet & drizzle lightly with olive oil, moving slices around to coat evenly. Sprinkle with salt. Broil on low for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are browning nicely. Remove from oven & transfer the potato chips to a paper towel lined plate to cool. I liked serving these with a Vegenaise lemon-pepper sauce (mix 1/4 cup Vegenaise, squeeze of 1 lemon wedge, and freshly cracked pepper). Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment