Monday, June 18, 2012

My Dad's {So Delicious} Blackening Spice

This is my dad's TOP SECRET (not anymore!) blackening spice recipe. I made some delicious blackened chicken breasts with it the other night, so he told me that I could go ahead and post the recipe on my blog. :) He makes this in large quantities, and then stores it in the pantry in "Fish/White Meat Blend" & "Red Meat Blend" labeled containers so that we can use it all year. It is so, so, so good. 

Fish/White Meat Blend:
  • 4 parts paprika
  • 2 parts white pepper
  • 2 parts red pepper
  • 2 parts black pepper, coarse
  • 2 parts thyme
  • 2 parts salt
  • 2 parts sugar
  • 2 parts oregano
  • 2 parts onion powder
  • 2 parts garlic powder
  • 1 part rosemary
For Red Meat, also add:
  • 1 part cumin
  • 1 part fennel seed
  • 2 parts Coleman's mustard powder

No comments:

Post a Comment