Thursday, February 2, 2012

Curried Harissa Cauliflower

In the mood for a delicious, easy dinner on the healthier side? This side dish is it. My friend, Barbara (whom I mentioned in an earlier post - she gave me the Harissa olive oil from The Olive Oil Store), told me about a yummy cauliflower dish that she makes frequently. I decided to add a couple of ingredients and try it out myself. I LOVE spicy food, and LOVE curry, so really this dish was the main focal point - the shrimp & salad I made along with it were an afterthought. The cauliflower came out beautifully!




Ingredients:
  • 1 med. head cauliflower, separated and cut into even pieces (the size of the smallest florets)
  • 1 large (or 2 small) clove garlic, lightly chopped
  • 1 large shallot, sliced
  • 2 tbsp. Harissa olive oil* (or 2 tbsp. regular olive oil with a few drops of chili oil)
  • Organic curry powder (about 1/8 tsp.)
  • Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
Directions:

Preheat broiler on high - about 10 minutes. Arrange cauliflower florets, garlic, and shallot onto a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with Harissa olive oil, and dust with curry powder. Sprinkle with sea salt & black pepper. Broil on high for 18 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve while hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment